Intelligent Battery Back-UpLifecycle: Fully Developed | Released: September 2011 | RoHS Compliant
The TS-BAT10 is a PC/104 daughter card (standard format) which provides 5V of regulated DC voltage to the PC/104 bus, acting as a back-up power supply.
- Lithium polymer batteries provide up to 2Ah at 5 VDC
- Helps to avoid filesystem corruption due to power loss
- Allows graceful shutdown of system
- Charging circuit keeps batteries at full capacity
- Linux drivers and software included
No minimum order quantity on standard products.
The TS-BAT10 is a PC/104 daughter card (standard format) which provides 5V of regulated DC voltage to the PC/104 bus, acting as a back-up power supply. It is compatible with any PC/104 main board. The two Lithium Polymer batteries provide up to 2A at 5V.
The TS-BAT10 acts as an embedded UPS (uninterruptible power supply). In the event of an external power interruption, the TS-BAT10 will allow for an elegant software shutdown, seamlessly switching to battery power with no interruptions in 5V power, preventing the filesystem corruption that often results from unexpected power loss. A flash sector that loses power in the middle of a write operation can be lost forever. The TS-BAT10 keeps flash chips or SD cards from developing bad blocks by providing back up power so that flash write operations always have time to complete.
The TS-BAT10 is also ideally suited for applications far from an external power source. The TS-BAT10, using sleep modes combined with the TS-8160, can run an embedded system for days in the field. This combination is excellent for solar-powered solutions.
The TS-BAT10 presents an extremely simple register interface to the host SBC. Sample code is available that demonstrates charging management strategies.
Detailed Feature List
- Supplies up to 2000 mA-hr of 5V power
- Standard PC/104 form factor
- Linux drivers and utilities available
- Multi-function push-switch
- Charging circuit keeps batteries topped off
- Powers SBCs for days in low duty cycle
- Guarantees controlled SBC shutdown
- Two 3.7V Lithium Ion 2200 mA-hr cells
- 5V to 28V DC input
- Works with any PC/104 SBC
- Operating temperature range from 0 °C to 45 °C
embeddedTS provides complete documentation for our mature products, including manuals, schematics, mechanical drawings, etc. The most recent documentation files are always made available through our website. If you don't find the documentation you are looking for, contact support for more information. Also, please make sure to visit our Embedded Systems Support webpage, and our official documentation.
Third Party Documentation
From the Blog:
|Operating Supply Voltage||5 VDC or 8 to 28 VDC|
|Fanless Temperature Range||0 ° to 45 °C|
|TS-BAT10||Intelligent Battery Back-up Board||Pricing|