Please update your bookmarks from embeddedarm.com to embeddedts.com. You've already been redirected and may close this modal to continue.
Quad Serial Port PeripheralLifecycle: Fully Developed | Released: January 2004 | RoHS Compliant
The TS-SER4 is a PC/104 expansion card with four serial ports using the PC standard 16C550 type UARTs (with 16-byte FIFOs).
- 4 PC/AT Serial COM Ports
- Jumper selectable COM1-COM6 I/O
- COM7-COM24 locations supported
- Jumper selectable IRQ lines w/ sharing
- Jumper selectable RS-232, 485, 422
No minimum order quantity on standard products.
The TS-SER4 is a PC/104 expansion card with four serial ports using the PC standard 16C550 type UARTs (with 16-byte FIFOs). All four COM ports support RS-232 levels and two of these COM ports can optionally support RS-422/ RS-485 levels.
A flexible interrupt sharing design allows for a large number of COM ports using a minimum number of interrupts. An interrupt status register allows rapid identification of the interrupt source.
This product uses a multi-layer PCB with power and ground planes to minimize noise and EMI issues. The TS-SER4 only requires a single 5V power supply.
The TS-SER4 features include:
- 4 PC/AT Serial COM Ports
- COM ports are jumper configurable
- Standard COM1-COM6 address locations supported
- Extended address locations COM7-COM24 supported
- Jumper configurable IRQs
- Jumper configurable RS232, RS485, RS422 modes
- Shareable Interrupts
- 16550 type UARTs with 16byte FIFOs
- RS-232 available on all 4 COM ports
- RS-485, RS-422 available on 2 COM ports (optional)
- Up to 230Kbaud
- RS-232 outputs use standard 10-pin headers
- Dimensions: 3.5 x 3.8 inches
- PC/104 compatible
- Power requirements: 80mA @ 5V
- Extended Temperature ( -40° to +85°C ) model available
Standard Linux and DOS drivers will work with the TS-SER4. Contact embeddedTS for further software information.
embeddedTS provides complete documentation for our mature products, including manuals, schematics, mechanical drawings, etc. The most recent documentation files are always made available through our website. If you don't find the documentation you are looking for, contact support for more information. Also, please make sure to visit our Embedded Systems Support webpage, and our official documentation.
From the Blog:
|Fanless Temperature Range||-40 ° to 85 °C|
|TS-SER4-FD-104||4 port serial card with 8-bit PC/104 stack-thru bus connector with full-duplex RS-485 and 16-bit PC/104 stack-thru bus (allows usage of IRQ10 to IRQ15)||Pricing|
|TS-SER4-FD-104-XT||4 port serial card with 8-bit PC/104 stack-thru bus connector with full-duplex RS-485 and 16-bit PC/104 stack-thru bus (allows usage of IRQ10 to IRQ15) and extended temperature range (-40C to 85C)||Pricing|
|Accessories and Extras|
|RC-DB9||10-pin header COM port adapter cable to DB-9||$5|