Fountain HIlls, AZ. 27 Feb 2017. Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, has announced the introduction of their newest industrial grade single board computer, TS-7800-V2. The TS-7800-V2 is an upgrade solution to the original TS-7800 product that provides electrical, mechanical, and software(at driver API level) drop in compatibility. The TS-7800-V2 provides a straightforward, cost-effective and low risk upgrade for users of the TS-7800, bringing enhanced processor performance, enhanced storage and improved protection against obsolescence.
"The TS-7800 has continued to be one of our top sellers over the years by providing an easy to use and incredibly durable, high performing single board computer," says Robert Miller, company Founder and President. "But there have been a lot of new and improved technologies released since its inception in 2007 so we felt it was due for an upgrade. We were able to design in an amazing amount of performance and connectivity, while maintaining the original price point and footprint. We wanted to ensure this was essentially a drop in replacement to minimize any difficulties making the transition for our customers."
The TS-7800-V2 is based on the Marvell Armada 385 Soc with dual Arm® Cortex®-A9 core CPU technology. In addition to providing all of the same I/O as the original system, the TS-7800-V2 also offers several significant upgrades including:
- Increased CPU performance at 1.33 GHz per core
- 1 GB DDR3 RAM (2 GB optional) and the option for ECC support
- Flash increased to 4 GB of robust eMMC and the option for a high endurance mode (up to 64 GB with custom build options)
- USB ports improved to a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Interface
- FPGA enlarged to a 20k LUT device with support for custom FPGA development that would allow users to create their own interfaces on the 100+ available I/O brought to various headers around the board.
Previously offered add-on upgrades now included at no additional cost in base model including:
- Real Time Clock
- Temperature Sensor
- Full Duplex RS-485
- CAN Bus
Additionally, there will be models available that include:
- WiFi option
- mSATA/mini-PCIe socket option
- Micro USB port for console output
- Precision Time Protocol (PTP via IEEE1588) support on Ethernet
The TS-7800-V2 will still support the optional upgrades of PC-104 stack-thru connectors, and the TS-781 8-30 VDC on-board switching-mode power regulator.
TS-7800-V2 (left) Compared to TS-7800 (right)
Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Arm and Cortex are registered trademarks of Arm Limited (or its subsidiaries) in the US and/or elsewhere.